Sunday, March 8, 2015

Being Yourself: The Easiest Way to Increase your Sales!

I have seen far too many salespeople collapse under the pressure that a sales career entails. I used to bend under the pressure as well, until one of my old bosses gave me some solid advice that sticks with me to this day: just be yourself.

Just be yourself; what a simple tip!

I used to fall into the trap of trying to be someone I'm not when I went out selling. As a result, I came across as somebody who had something to hide. I was always trying to push the product and get people to buy, buy, buy. Needless to say, I did not make as many sales as I would have.

After I decided to instead simply approach potential customers with natural conversation and less sales pushiness. I noticed that I was beginning to enjoy goings on sales calls more. That I was enjoying speaking with people. As a result, my meetings with prospects were more productive and I could more easily communicate my thoughts and the prospect's needs to them.

Try it: simply stop overthinking and let your natural self take over. Stop trying to sell and start trying to help. Be a HELPER, not a SALESPERSON! Do this, and you will start to forge a stronger sales path than you currently have.

No comments:

Post a Comment